Sunday 24 February 2019

Slimline Dress


I have been recovering at home this week following my operation. A blood test on Thursday showed that things were settling down and I am feeling better than I have for some time. I hope to return to work next week if allowed to do so after another blood check.

As I have been confined to the house, I have to rely on some old outfit photos which for some reason I did not post at the time. These show a slim fitting dress which I must have bought at least 3 years ago. It cost about £4.00 and I remember wearing it during the evening on holiday when we visited Jersey and Guernsey.
We had a debate as to weather the colour is pale gold, beige or light brown. It certainly has a brown band around the bottom of the dress. It is still in my wardrobe and I tried it on again yesterday and sadly it no longer fits - a sign that I have put on weight in the last year or so! I will be donating it back to a charity shop so that someone else can enjoy it and the charity will also benefit from the extra income.

I hope to be able to visit some charity shops next week as I am getting severe withdrawal symptoms so maybe there will be some up to date bargains to show you soon.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure whether it is pale gold, beige or light brown but it is one beautiful dress for sure. I wish you a speedy recovery dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely bodycon dress, perfect for an evening. Shame you no longer fit it, but good it can go onto a nice home. Glad you are recovering well! :)

    Hope that you have been having a wonderful weekend :) I just posted my weekday wear linkup, I'd love you to join! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica - I do like to donate items back - as I buy too much!

      Delete
  3. This is a nice dress. That's a bummer it no longer fits. I hope once you feel better that you are able to go find some great deals! Happy Thursday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen - feeling much better now.

      Delete
  4. I love the color of this dress! I hope you feel better soon!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica - feeling much better now

      Delete
  5. I would definitely call this gold. Hope you feel better soon and are able to find some treasures. Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday!

    Shelly | The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely dress no matter what colour it is (I'd call it rose gold). Glad you are getting rid of it rather than having it linger and make you feel bad for it not fitting.

    Sending good vibes for a quick recovery, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete