Saturday 2 February 2019

Skinny Jeans


My regular readers were shocked to learn that I acquired my first ever pair of jeans at Christmas. I had constantly resisted becoming a jeans wearer as I was not keen on the image and when I had tried on a pair I found the denim heavy and uncomfortable.

My teenage daughter kept persuading me to try a pair and after spending hours in changing rooms, eventually found a pair described as straight leg relaxed fit which did actually fit and were surprisingly comfortable.

I have been wearing them regularly at weekends and during my current sick leave from work and love them - something I would never thought I would hear myself saying!

Anyway, I decided I ought to look for a second pair and took a look around my local charity shops. I avoided all distressed jeans as I definitely do not like that image - and even my daughter agrees with me but found some skinny jeans in my size.
I did not know whether I would like the tightness of the denim but, perhaps as they were secondhand and had been washed a few times, the initial stiffness had gone and were quite stretchy and comfortable. My husband cheekily admired the "rear view" but I usually wear a long top or tunic when wearing jeans/trousers in public to increase modesty.

The jeans cost me £5.50 and are Levis. What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. Your skinny jeans look lovely and I'm impressed you found them in a charity shop! I find jeans or pants really hard to find - it's always just been a stroke of luck if I manage to find a pair!

    Hope that you had a great weekend :) We had a fun but busy one with a kids birthday party and visiting friends :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica - people tell me I was lucky to find these. The weather is improving here after light snow - I am pleased you had a fun weekend

      Delete
  2. Jeans are my go-to and a favorite of mine. I know that finding a right pair can be hard but once you do find one, you wonder what took so long. Love this one you found and such a bargain for Levi's.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen - these are really comfy - I never thought I would like wearing jeans.

      Delete
  3. They are a modern style. I admit that I have many pairs and love them!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie - I have worn these several times already!

      Delete
  4. This pair looks amazing on you. Such a great find! Like yourself, I'm more of a dress girl, but sometimes I do enjoy wearing a nice pair of jeans. They can be quite comfy when you find a nice pair- but to me honest that can be hard. Today I wore a vintage pair of Levis. Most of jeans I own are vintage or hand downs, I can't find a good fit in stores.

    I'm not surprised your husband was happy with your outfit, my husband also loves it when I wear jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivana - I was actually a dress/skirts only girl until about 5 years ago.

      Delete
  5. I don't know what I'd wear if I didn't wear jeans. LOL I have quite the closet full. I'm so happy you found some you like. Thanks for linking up with us at Ageless Style!

    ReplyDelete