Sunday 3 March 2019

Warm Coat


Andrew and I are shortly to go on a trip to Northern Norway where we have a chance to see the northern lights. It can't be guaranteed of course but the scenery will be great but cold! I therefore have been looking for warm clothes and needed a coat.

I was pleased to find this one, which was made in China, a few days ago in a charity shop for £20. It is 80% wool with thick padding inside to provide insulation from the cold. It is shower proof so I might need a more waterproof coat in the event of prolonged rain. I would have preferred the arms to be slightly longer but a quality coat for £20 was too good to miss.
I also found some leather gloves for £1.00. I am not a fan of gloves as I always have difficulty in picking things up but as we will be inside the Arctic Circle, gloves will be essential on our trips!

6 comments:

  1. I want to see the Northern Lights! That will be such a fun trip and yes bundle up! Cute coat for such a bargain. Nice find!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful coat, looks so cosy and the gloves are a nice touch with it! :)

    Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous coat Hun, thanks so much for sharing on #chicandstylish Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, have a fun time on your trip! This coat is fun; It reminds me of the 1960's styles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful coat. I really like its cut, so elegant with the 3/4 sleeves. The gloves are gorgeous too. Love the vintage vibes I'm getting from this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous coat - I love 3/4 sleeves, as they are perfect for long gloves. I don't find gloves difficult, but then most of mine are cashmere-lined leather and are a snug fit.

    ReplyDelete