Saturday 28 July 2018

Latest Charity Shop Finds


My latest charity shop finds include this casual grey shirt which cost me £1.00 in a bargain bin. It has long sleeves and is of a cotton mix with white detailing around the neck. It is very comfortable and I am wearing in the photo last weekend on a trip around a historic house. At that price I am sure of getting my monies worth even if it only lasts for the current summer season.
I have said previously that it is quite difficult to find trousers in a charity shop that fit properly. In fact trousers are one of the few outer garments that I buy new from High Street shops rather than charity shops. I was very surprised but pleased when I spotted these white cotton trousers on a rail for £4.00 in my size. I tried them on and they fitted really well.
They are slim fit and my husband thinks I look great in them! They are my second pair of white cotton trousers that I have bought this year. I have worn the first pair a lot on holiday and during the long hot spell that we have had this year in the UK as they are so comfortable, practical and cool. This second pair will no doubt be equally as good.

What do you think?

13 comments:

  1. those trousers look really perfect on you! I absolutely agree with your husband ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan - I now am far less self conscious about people seeing my bottom when wearing trousers than I used to be

      Delete
  2. I love thrift shopping and it's amazing what you can find there!! These look great on you!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like good finds. I've found remarkably well-fitting jeans at the thrift store because there are *so* many of them--I just try a stack on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - I am always in the changing rooms

      Delete
  4. Wonderful thrift finds! I do agree with your hubby that these white jeans look great on you! Happy Weekend!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely in the white jeans! I'm sadly too clumsy for white jeans, haha! I have a pale pastel pair of shorts and I stain them every time I wear them! :)

    Hope that you are having a great weekend :) It's a quiet one here again, we caught another winter bug unfortunately!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mica

      Sorry to hear that you are unwell.

      White trousers do soon need to be in the wash but at least I have 2 pairs now!

      Delete
  6. I love the trousers! They do look awesome on you! I also used to avoid looking for trousers in charity shops, as there was just too many - but now, I find lots of interesting pairs, and so much cheaper than retail. Good work on two pairs of white trousers - one is bound to get stained before the summer's over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila - you do need plenty of time when hunting for trousers as I always try them on. My white ones have already been in the wash a few times!

      Delete
  7. Those pants are a great charity shop find. We have a style link and would love to have you join! We share our faves on our instastories. Check it out here: The Fashionista Momma xo ~ Megan

    ReplyDelete