Monday 3 June 2019

Maxi Dress

Hannah was singing recently with her School Choir in an inter-school competition. It was quite a formal occasion so I decided to dress up for it and wore this full length maxi-dress which had been in my wardrobe for some time.

I think it cost me £7.50 in a charity shop a year or so ago. There is no label to indicate its origin. It came with a belt to add interest and there are decorative features at the top. I wore it with a cardigan as it was chilly travelling to and from the venue.

My family thought I looked great as I don't normally dress up formally - we seldom go to up market events! Hannah's School Choir came third in the competition - ten schools took part so she was pleased. They sung a variety of modern and classical songs and ended with a rendition of Jerusalem!

Do you like my dress?

14 comments:

  1. I do like your dress, and I noticed at a recent concert I attended in which my son was performing that a number of the girls wore black maxis which was so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the decorative features at the top. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that dress is just gorgeous! I love the crochet details.

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the detailing on your maxi dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely dress and I like the lace on the top! :) Congrats to your daughter too!


    Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :) I just posted this week's linkup, I'd love you to join again! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming dress Rebecca, you can't go wrong with a black dress. Thank you for sharing on #chicandstylish

    ReplyDelete