Friday 29 June 2018

Summer Dress

We have almost endless sunshine here in the UK at the moment with temperatures between 25 C and 30 C for much of the day. It is difficult to sleep at night and work during the day. I am lucky we do have air conditioning in part of my office building.

I discovered that I did not have many light weight summer dresses so I was lucky enough to find this one in a charity shop for £3.50. It is sleeveless and shorter than my other dresses but the cotton material is nice and cool. The light green is also a new colour for me - and a change from my favourite turquoise.

I am sure we will end up with some torrential thunder storms soon but in the meantime the garden is very dry and I need to water extensively each evening.

Are you enjoying hot sunshine where you live?

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color on this dress and what a great find! I love all the new summer dresses I have been seeing and yours is no exception. It's been over 90 degrees where I live and I don't really enjoy it. It's another week of it this week so in a way I am happy summer is underway so that it can also exit left soon! Lol

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maureen - the forecast is for another 2 weeks of dry hot weather here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute dress, such a nice colour! :)

    I miss temperatures like that - it was 24 around lunch time today when I ventured out so I could shed some of my layers, but I'm missing warmer temps haha! 30 is just right here, not too warm, as long as the humidity isn't high!


    Hope that you're having a great week so far! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica - we are not used to long hot and humid conditions in the UK!

      Delete
  4. Love the green! I am all about wearing dresses in the summer, especially in this heat.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress. Thanks for joining the Top of the World Style linkup party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We also have lots of heat and no rain here in Berlin!
    That colour is lovely!

    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kati - I hope all goes well for your big event!

      Delete
  7. This body shape tends to be straight up and down, meaning there is really not much difference between the width of the hips and bust and waist. stoned emoji

    ReplyDelete