Monday 30 December 2019

Looking Back at 2019


2019 has been quite a challenge to me as my teenage daughter has become far more fashion conscious and continually nags her mother to "get more with it!"

My biggest leap into the unknown was about a year ago when Hannah finally persuaded me to start wearing jeans. I had always resisted as I was not keen on the image and when I tried on a pair several years ago, they did not feel that comfortable.

However this pair of straight leg jeans she bought me were a good fit and I must admit I found them comfortable to wear. I gradually wore them more frequently at weekends and actually bought some more pairs, secondhand, from charity shops to wear when gardening!


I continued to visit charity shops most days - I am always afraid that I might miss something if I don't. I may be becoming more selective as I am now resisting the urge to buy an item "as I may find it useful one day" and just buy items that I know I am going to wear.

Of course I make mistakes as there is not always time to try things on. I sometimes find items don't fit as I thought they would or don't really suit me. These get donated back but as they only cost a few pounds it doesn't break the bank and of course a good cause benefits once more.

Looking forward to 2020 - I expect more of the same unless Hannah persuades her mother (who will turn 40) to try some more "with it" outfits.

A Happy and Healthy New Year to all my readers.

11 comments:

  1. I'm SO not "with it," and I've actually gotten away with it because I have sons and not daughters! Maybe my granddaughter, when she is older, will take me on as a project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know Michele - the younger generation have a habit of getting their own way!

      Delete
  2. Fun daughter! I think it is nice that she tries to encourage you to try different things.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mireille - I never know what she will come up with next!

      Delete
  3. I stopped wearing jeans many years ago and unfortunately ... I haven't got a daughter who incourages me to wear them again!

    A hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's nice your daughter encourages you to try more things! I've tried straight leg jeans but being petite they aren't the best for me as you need to get the length right! Skinny jeans are my go-to! :)

    Happy new year! Hope that your 2020 is off to a great start!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Mica. I hope that you have a great 2020

      Delete
  5. Aw, I am so glad that Hannah was able to push you out of your comfort zone. I am a firm believer that great things happen when we can do that. And you have been sharing some pretty fabulous pants outfits lately, too. I used to hate jeans myself and didn’t even own a pair until I was well into my 30’s now. Now I wear jeans all the time! Wishing you all the best in 2020. Thanks for linking up.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, nice trousers and great that you try new things. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete