Friday 20 December 2019

Faux Leather


I never thought I would ever consider wearing anything like this but my teenage daughter dared me to buy these faux leather trousers when we were spending some time in charity shops last Saturday. They were in my size and were on a sale rail at £2.00.

The deal was that I would buy them and wear them if she agreed to do the washing up for a week. I am sure that she thought I would never go through with it but the pictures prove otherwise! My husband's comments when he saw me in them cannot be reproduced here!

I must admit that I have not worn them in the street where I might be seen by people that know me but I didn't specify where I would wear them and I wore them for a day around the house and back garden. Yes - Hannah kept her side of the bargain and the dishes are being washed!

The trousers are surprisingly not that uncomfortable but I am not sure that they look that great on a woman approaching her 40th birthday. They will be donated back to a charity shop in the new year so that another good cause can benefit from them.

I had some fun with them though and I now know how Olivia Newton-John felt in Grease.

We are now planning to attend our local Christmas festivities such as Carol Services, a Winter Solstice Ceremony and a Lantern and Carol Singing event in a park.

I would like to wish all my blogging friends a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.


8 comments:

  1. Is that you in the pictures?? Holy smokes, they look amazing on you, Rebecca! No donating them! You should wear them! If you feel self-conscious, then cover your bum with a long sweater, tunic or blazer, and wear boots to reduce the leather showing.

    They are perfectly appropriate for any woman, no matter what age! I am in my 50s and I still rock leather pants, skirts, jackets and dresses. Don't let these preconceived notions about "rules" get to you!

    A very Merry Christmas to you, and all the best for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Sheila.

      I still have them and will try them with a tunic or something similar as you suggest.

      Delete
  2. You really rock them. Great styling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great leggings! I don't think I can pull off the leather leggings look so I've never tried but it's nice you enjoyed wearing these, however briefly! :)

    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! A new link up is live on my blog now, I'd love you to join again.

    Hope you had a merry Christmas :) We had a great time with family and so much good food! Have a happy new year :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica.

      I hope you had a great Christmas/New Year. I still have these leggings so they may appear again one day!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Sheila! These pants look amazing on you! Rock that Olivia Newton John look....I bet she would still wear leather leggings and she is in her 70’s! Plus, from the sound of it, I suspect your husband really liked them on you, too!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelbee. I may try them with a tunic one day soon!

      Delete