Sunday 29 September 2019

Our Trip to Iceland


We have just returned home from a cruise to Iceland. It was not so cold there as I expected so a lot of my "winter wear" stayed in our cases. Here I am on deck. I don't think I really needed to hold on to that handrail but there were a few moments when we had to be careful moving around the ship!

I wore trousers most of the time but dressed up during the evening. I bought this yellow dress a few weeks before we left and liked the bright and cheerful shade of yellow. I often added a light cream cardigan when I ventured outside as it is sleeveless. The belt gave a finishing touch and there are useful pockets!

It cost me £4.75.

I am sure that you would like to see a few photos of Iceland. As soon as we left the ports on our excursions we were in dramatic open countryside with very few signs of human life. There were steep sided mountains with snow (and in a few places) glaciers at the top. Vegetation was sparse although efforts are now being made to plant more trees.
The Godafloss Waterfall was very dramatic.
Water flowed towards the sea in a raging torrent.
I will include some photos on some of the ports we visited in my next post.

12 comments:

  1. Wow those pictures are so amazing! I LOVE the cute yellow dress you're wearing!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so beautiful and I love your cheerful yellow dress!

    Hope that your week is going well :) I've just posted a giveaway on my blog!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica - will have another look at your blog!

      Delete
  3. I am hoping to go on a cruise to Alaska on our 25th anniversary. Still a ways from now!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your yellow dress! Such a fun color! I have been to Iceland twice and would go back in a heartbeat! It is the most beautiful country. I did not go on a cruise either time, but that sounds like a ton of fun, too. Thanks so much for sharing and joining my link party this week.

    xoxo
    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bucket list trip!! I have had a friend go twice now and following along on her journey has ne longing to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fab dress and great shots, thanks for joining the #linkup Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never been to this part of the world and it looks amazing
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is some awesome scenery! What a blessing to go to Iceland. I love your outfit too! It reminds me of something a vintage movie star would wear in a movie set on a cruise ship. :)

    ReplyDelete