Sunday 28 April 2019

Black Trousers

My everyday work outfit is black trousers and a white top. We have a black/white colour code in the office for people who meet the public. I used to wear black skirts until a few years ago but gradually wear trousers more and more as I find them more comfortable and versatile. Skirts are now reserved for really hot summer days.

It is not easy to find well fitting trousers in charity shops. Many times I have been excited to find a pair I liked only to discover they did not fit properly or did not look quite right on me. However this week I had more luck with this Kate brand pair which fit really well and are super comfortable. 

The label states "Super comfortable 4 way, non-iron, stretch fabric. Power stretch Magisculpt panel insert and a secret stretch waistband which allows the trousers to move with the natural contours of your body throughout the day and retains the appearance of a flat waistband.

Machine washable. 62% Polyester, 33% Viscose, 5% Elastane. Inner Panel: 87% Polyamide, 13% Elastane."

They cost me £4.00 and I am very pleased with them. They are the correct leg length and the stretch material means that they also fit nicely around my bottom. 
Do you find it difficult to find trousers that fit really well.


8 comments:

  1. I like the cut of these trousers! They are sleek but not skinny. I am quite small so it's hard to find pants that fit, but I have a few pairs that work; they are skinny style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige. I am glad that you have found some pants that fit you.

      Delete
  2. The black pants are a staple piece in the wardrobe. The most important thing is a good cut/style. Yours are great. Thank you for sharing this post with My Red Carpet.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great classic black pants! :)

    I found pants tricky to buy too, but I've had better luck thrifting jeans :)

    Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :)

    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica. It is always good to find a pair of well fitting trousers!

      Delete
  4. Oh, gosh, yes - trousers are REALLY hard to find in thrift stores, but good ones ARE out there! I find that Banana Republic's skinny cuts work really well, although they sometimes bag out on me too much.

    Having a black/white colour 'uniform' is interesting. I'm not sure how long I could do that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. You get used to a colour code - it saves worrying about what to wear in the morning!

      Delete