Saturday 24 November 2018

Work Outfits


We have a black/white corporate colour code in my office for staff who meet the public. Some people will think that this is restrictive but it does avoid many of the decisions about colour co-ordination when you are rushing because you are running late during a bleak winter morning.
I have recently found 2 white tops in charity shops. This one has half length sleeves and features around the waist. I wear it with a belt, The top cost £2.00.

The skirt came from M & S during the spring - I can't remember the exact cost but it was in the region of £20 - £25. I wore this skirt and a similar one to the office regularly during the period from late spring to early autumn but now that the mornings are chillier I have been wearing black trousers most days instead to keep warm.

Do you have a dress code for work?

19 comments:

  1. I love the classic black and white and your peplum top is so fun! :)

    We have dress guidelines in the office but no set dress code or uniform which is nice as it gives me more choice for what to wear! I tend to stick to pencil skirts or dresses most of the year though! :)

    Hope that you are having a great weekend! Today we are going on our annual pre-Christmas shopping trip to finish our shopping and get each other gifts which will be a lot of fun :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica dress guidelines would be more flexible.
      I have just started my Christmas shopping.

      Delete
  2. I love the white peplum top. It is so chic and is perfect for work!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white are both timeless! Beautiful peplum top. Not only perfect for work but I can see it dressed down for a get together even brunch.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen. I do like black and white combinations

      Delete
  4. Thank you Julie - I am pleased with this top

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite like the idea of having a colour code at work, as you said it makes it quicker to pick outfits and it means you can invest in some good basics that you'll wear a lot. The top is lovely!

    Julia x
    Last Post: Top Tips To Worry Less | https://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/lifestyle-you-worry-too-much-here-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think restrictions can be (paradoxically) very liberating, sometimes they make our life and choices easier. This black and white outfit looks gorgeous. Very feminine and elegant!
    My work code is not strictly black and white, but we should avoid bold colours and prints

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super classic and sleek! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black and white is always a great idea. Great styling!

    ReplyDelete