Friday 30 January 2015

A Need to Keep Warm at Work

 

It has been very cold here in the UK recently but fortunately no snow in my part of the country yet - just biting cold northerly winds straight from the Arctic.

When I am on the front desk at work I get a blast of cold air everytime a client or member of staff passes through the main door. I was in desperate need of some warmer clothes and we are restricted to a corporate black and white code when on duty in that particular area.

I remembered that I bought a black trouser suit in September for £8.00 in my favourite charity shop which was in a thicker material with a high percentage of wool. I had never worn it because of a dilemma over modesty issues.

You will see from the image that the jacket is not that long and does not fully cover my bottom. I set myself a modesty standard of always ensuring my bottom is covered with a long jacket or tunic when wearing trousers in public which, upto now, I had managed to adhere to.
 
I discussed the situation with my husband and also prayed for guidance. My husband pointed out that the trousers were of a modest cut and therefore not too revealing around areas which I would prefer to be covered. We also both came to the conclusion that Our Lord would not wish me to become ill and be unable to fully serve him to my full ability. I felt a little self conscious when I wore it for the first few days but that feeling has gradually demiinished.
 
The trousers are in a bootcut style - slightly dated maybe - but the suit is much warmer than my other clothes which I wear in the front office and I will continue to wear it until the weather improves.
 
Do you think I made the right decision in wearing this suit to work?

I would welcome your comments in support or against.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, it is so cold I keep wearing sweaters with a cardigan on top this week! nice suit, great fit :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete