Monday 23 March 2020

Memories of Summer


Just a quick post this week in these difficult times. I am now working from home and avoiding going out to the town centre unless it is essential. Many of my favourite charity shops have closed as the volunteers are retired people. 

I don't think I have posted on this summer dress before. I bought it some two years ago for about £4.50 and this photo was taken in the summer of 2018. It was a warm day and I did not need a cardigan!

It is slightly shorter than I would have preferred and I am wearing it with my white sandals and white necklace.

Hopefully by the time summer fully arrives, life will be getting back to normality and we will be able to enjoy life outdoors once again.

In the meantime - take care and stay safe!

9 comments:

  1. Cute spring dress! :) Stay well and at peace. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful combination, the dress is perfect💖
    https://www.lavieenrosechic.com/2020/03/italian-and-french-style.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look is beautiful. Stay safe.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely dress, Rebecca! And it would work nicely into the fall with tights and a cardigan or blazer. Thanks for linking up. Stay safe and healthy!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely summer dress! A lot of our thrift shops (what you call charity shops) are closed here too! I did see one open today as I passed to go get groceries but I didn't want to browse as I just wanted to get the food and get home!

    Thank you so much for joining the #weekdayWearLinkUp :) I just posted this week's linkup, I'd love you to join again! :)

    Hope that you had a great weekend! :) We had a quiet one at home of course!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are now on Lock Down in the UK - probably for 6 weeks. Life is feeling very strange!

      Delete
  7. I sometimes wear another longer skirt or vintage half-slip under dresses that feel too short - that gives the illusion of length but feels more comfortable than a very short skirt. Pretty dress.

    It feels like we have always been on lock-down. Sigh. The thrifts have been closed here for 6+ weeks. I miss shopping!

    ReplyDelete