Friday 21 February 2020

Looking Ahead


We have had several really bad storms with high winds and torrential rain during recent weeks here in the UK which has sadly resulted in hundreds of people having their homes flooded as swollen rivers over top their banks. Luckily we live on higher ground which is unlikely to flood but we will be praying for those poor people who have lost all their possessions and will be having a collection for them at Church on Sunday.

I am looking forward to better weather with spring now less than a month away. I bought this dress for just £2.50 last weekend on a charity shop half price rail. I may have to wait a while before I can wear it but at that price I couldn't resist buying it. It is maybe two inches shorter than I would have liked. It started life in Marks and Spencer and it is in a wool/polyester mix. 

What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty dress. Hope it dries out over there, we have been having so much rain here, it is ridiculous. We get a couple dry days and then it starts all over again.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a very nice dress and £2.50! Thanks for linking to my Muttonstyle Monday link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find at such a great price. I love this shade of blue and the cut of the dress is so wonderful on you. I am glad that you are safe from the storm damage. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers to those who were not. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress! The cobalt blue or classic blue is the color of the year! great find at a steal!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely dress! Being a wool/poly mix, I would wear it with some coloured or patterned tights in cooler weather. Great price - wow!

    ReplyDelete