Saturday 28 March 2015

Another New Dress and a New Job

I found this dress in my favourite charity shop this week and couldn't resist the temptation to buy it - even though I really didn't need another dress! It cost me £4.00 but I liked the style and length. The colours may be a little autumnal but, even if I keep it in my wardrobe until September, it will be worth it. I am sure I will get plenty of opportunities to wear it then - and my husband said he liked it so it must be good!!

I have had a good week - my interview went well (somehow you can tell can't you) and on Wednesday I was offered the job. I was elated - it didn't take long to decide that I would accept - my husband immediately said go for it if you are sure - and I start on 20th April!

I would like to thank all my blogger friends who offered advice on my interview outfit - in the end I decided to wear my skirt suit with a royal blue blouse.

I will be sorry in a way to leave my current job - I shall miss my friends there - but I will still be in the same town and we can still meet for a coffee and a catch up! My new job is very similar but with more responsibility and a slightly higher salary. There is also an advantage of a shorter journey to work with less time wasted in traffic congestion each day.

There will still be a corporate black and white image for my work clothes - nothing changes there - so I will still be wearing my white blouses, black jackets and black skirts or trousers.

2 comments:

  1. That dress is absolutely lovely. I love the colors and the pattern! (Also, congrats on your new job.) (Found you through the Modest Monday linkup!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely dress!

    And a massive congratulations on your new job, very exciting! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete