Monday 13 April 2020

Summer Dress


With all charity shops currently closed, I have no new finds to show you so I am currently going through some photos that I did not get around to posting last year.

Firstly this summer dress. As regular readers will know, turquoise is one of my favourite colours so I quickly bought this dress as soon as I spotted it in my size. It was priced at £4.00 and I rather liked the pattern.

It was slightly shorter than I would have liked and virtually sleeveless but I thought I could wear it in cooler weather with a cream or white cardigan.

However I was too quick in buying it and should have examined it more carefully as there was a flaw on the back. A slight hole! I am sure not too many people would have noticed it but once I spotted it I would have felt self conscious in wearing it. I donated it back to the shop pointing out the hole and no doubt they put it in their recycling bags.

Have you ever made mistakes when buying clothes?

8 comments:

  1. Too bad about the hole! I have done that before, getting something 2nd hand and not noticing it till I got home. Thankfully I usually notice it in store.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mireille - luckily my mistake was not too costly!

      Delete
  2. It really is a gorgeous color! And I have definitely made many mistakes buying clothes. I get super irritated though if something bought brand new is damaged. And that happens quite frequently! Thanks for sharing and linking up with me!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelbee - luckily this mistake was not too costly

      Delete
  3. It's a cute dress, such a shame about the hole! It's nice the stores are able to recycle the ruined clothes - here you can take clothes to H&M to do that, but if you take them to charity shops it costs the charity money to dispose of it :(

    Hope that you had a nice weekend :) Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! A new link up is live on my blog now, I'd love you to join again.

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mica

      Our charity shops are always willing to take old clothes for recycling - they get a few pence for them.

      Hope you are keeping well

      Delete
  4. Oh, too bad about the hole! Yes, I make "mistakes" like that all the time! I have learned that the best way to look for holes (especially in sweaters, but it goes for other garments) is to hold the fabric up to the light. Any hole that might have been disguised by a pattern or weave will immediately show. This has saved me a few times.

    ReplyDelete