Monday 20 April 2020

Another Dress


I hope that you are all keeping well in these challenging times. It seems like we have been in lock down for ever but it is actually four weeks ago this evening.

I have really missed meeting my friends and colleagues - working from home is not the same (but I don't miss the journey to the office when the roads are congested) but of course it is essential to keep everyone safe.

It is five weeks since the charity shops closed and I think that I am recovering from my withdrawal symptoms of not being able to have my almost daily search for bargains during my lunchtime.

I have found these pictures of yet another turquoise dress that Hannah took probably over a year ago. You couldn't possibly guess that turquoise is my favourite colour.

This dress is knee length, which I prefer, and has a St Michael label. It would have cost me about £4. I found it in the back of my wardrobe after seeing it in these pictures and will definitely wear it again when we can go out and about again this summer.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Rebecca! Nice to see you're still posting. We've been in lockdown here in western Canada for close to 6-7 weeks now (we had a transition week), and it's still not feeling normal. I miss seeing my coworkers more than I thought I would (ha), and I've managed to see some of my friends at a safe social distance and via Zoom, but I really need some actual hugs from them!

    I miss thrift shopping - the stores are all closed here, and they're not doing any pick-ups either.

    That is a wonderful turquoise dress! I hope you will wear it NOW! Give yourself a colour boost, my dear! Dress up, even if only for a couple of hours. I guarantee you will feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. We are now in our 5th week of lock down and there is at least another 2 to go. Our charity shops have been closed for 6 weeks and I have severe withdrawal symptoms!

      I do make myself dress properly when working from home though.

      Delete
  2. I love that style of dress and what a pretty color for spring! I am yearning for a little thrift shopping myself. Hopefully soon!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelbee - I can't wait for the charity shops to reopen!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful color and style here. It does feel a lot longer than that doesnt it?
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors too! This dress is beautiful!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lockdown here too in Montreal...It's not easy! Loving this dress on you! Lucy
    www.lucybertoldi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up with the Style Six, I love your dress!
    xo,
    Kellyann
    www.thisblondesshoppingbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great colour on you and so nice for summer! :) I am missing my opshopping too but I know it's important to be safe - I'm sure I will get back to it soon, and I have lots of things to donate when the shops open again!


    Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! The new link up is live on my blog now, I'd love you to join again.

    Hope your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete