Sunday 24 June 2018

Casual Shirt

My latest charity shop find is this casual shirt. Although it looks black in the photo, it is actually a deep shade of navy blue. It has two large front buttons and sleeves which reach the elbows together with two small pockets. It is 65% polyester and 35% cotton and has a St Michael label. It only cost me £1.50 so I should get my monies worth!

The white trousers were featured in a post a few weeks ago and I have worn them quite a lot during the past few weekends.

The weather has been quite warm and very dry recently in the UK. The garden is doing quite well despite the lack of rain and we have had a good harvest of strawberries. The other vegetables are busy growing and the dwarf french beans will soon be ready to pick. I spend an hour each evening watering and looking for any bugs on the crops which is quite relaxing after a hectic day in the office.

15 comments:

  1. That's such a steal for your lovely top! I like how you styled it with a lighter colored jeans for a color contrast. I don't garden but I can see why it can be calming. I have cactuses and I do just enjoy looking at them and seeing them thrive when I am outside enjoying our backyard.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen - enjoy looking after your cactii

      Delete
  2. What a true bargain! You will definitely get to wear this a lot!

    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love navy and white for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That totally looks like a jacket to me, not a top. What a bargain, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila - It is designed like a jacket but in a much softer/lighter material

      Delete
  5. What a great blazer and an amazing price!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. a navy blue jacket is the perfect accessory to many outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blazer, the fit is perfect on you!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great bargain. It looks very '50's New Look in the photo. A full midi skirt and heels and you will have my favourite era!
    Miss Cellany.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's my type of deal - great find Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete